- The Auction application must be completely filled out and signed; including, i) applicant business name, ii) legal name, home address, and birth dates for all owners, officers, member, managers, and auctioneer that will be on-site to conduct auction, and iii) phone number during auction event. License application will be routed to Sales Tax Department to check business license and tax remittance status and background checks will be conducted on all owners, managers, and auctioneers.
- A surety bond in the amount of $1,000, payable annually must be posted with the city. Surety bond or cashier’s check will be held for 60 days after last planned auction event.
- A city business license with associated city sales tax number must be obtained, and a sales tax deposit in the amount of $500 (business check only) must be submitted. For questions, email Sales Tax at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Auctioneer must provide proof of accreditation or licensing. We will accept a copy of an auctioneer license issued by any other U.S. state or local agency.
- A fee of $93.00 license fee will be paid online at time of submission and $7 per person for background checks will be invoiced separately by City Licensing upon successful submission of your online application.
- An application must be received at least two weeks prior to the event. A late fee of$200.00 will be charged for all applications that are submitted after deadline.
- While licenses are for one-year term, Auction Licenses are valid for only the dates, times and locations described on the application and the issued city Auction license must be posted at the licensed location for event duration.
- Please Note: Auction licenses are not required for auctions conducted under any legal process (court order, property seizure, etc.), and Auctions that are held during fund-raising events for local non-profit organizations are not required to obtain a city auction license, but may still need a city business license.
How to Apply for an Auction License
Complete Application Packet
Locate the Auction License Application Packet in the Auction License Application Documents section below.
The Regulatory Licensing Division holds virtual application clinics every Wednesday morning, which you may attend via call in to ask questions
10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. for Miscellaneous license application questions
Call: 720-593-3714 and enter conf ID: 564 139 518#
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Or call in (audio only)
+1 720-593-3714,,564139518# United States, Denver
Phone Conference ID: 564 139 518#